Mamiya Organics Jamaican Black Castor Oil Treatment is specially designed for scalp and hair treatment to promote hair growth as it Rejuvenates. It strengthens and nourishes the hair and scalp repairing damage caused by chemicals treatments and thermal tool. The antibacterial and moisturizing properties of Jamaican black castor oil help treat a plethora of hair issues. Giving yourself a scalp massage with the oil can stimulate hair growth. The oil can help detangle your hair and even treat split ends. Here are few ways how to use Jamaican black castor oil for hair growth.
The rich nutrients in Jamaican black castor oil, such as vitamin E,omega-6 fatty acids, and omega-9 fatty acids, help moisturize hair and treat related problems like itchy scalp and dandruff.
For this scalp treatment, you will need 1 tablespoon each of Jamaican black castor oil and extra-virgin olive oil, and the juice of half a lemon.
How To Use
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and warm over the stove. Ensure you don’t let it get too hot, or it might burn your scalp.
- Pour the mixture into your hands and gently massage it into your scalp for about 10 minutes.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Rinse your hair and wash as you normally do.
This is also called the Jamaican black hot castor oil treatment, or simply, hot oil treatment.
Improves Hair Strength
Some anecdotal research suggests that Jamaican black castor oil improves blood circulation to the scalp, thereby encouraging hair growth. The oil also nourishes the scalp and strengthens the hair roots, thereby treating thinning hair. It makes your hair thicker, fuller, and shinier.
You need 3 tablespoons of the castor oil, 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil, and a dark-colored dropper bottle.
How To Use
- Add the two oils to the dropper bottle and shake well.
- Using the dropper, apply the oil to your scalp. Part your hair right above the ear on one side, and apply the mixture to the visible crease of the scalp. Keep making partitions and applying the oil mixture as you move from one end of your head to the other.
- After the oil is spread across the scalp, massage using circular motions. This helps boost circulation in the scalp.
- You can place a shower cap over your head and leave the mixture on overnight.
- In the morning, rinse your hair properly and wash it as you normally do.
Prevents Hair Breakage
Though research is limited, testimonials of individuals swearing by Jamaican black castor oil (and, in general, even castor oil) and its benefits for hair are many. Regular use of the oil has been purported to prevent hair breakage.
How To Use
- First, try to wear old clothes as the oil can stain your clothes.
- Take a small amount of the oil in your hands and gently massage into the scalp and the hair roots.
- Ensure the oil is properly distributed across the scalp, and the scalp only. And don’t use too much of the oil since castor oil usually has a thick consistency, and you might have trouble washing it off later.
- Cover your hair with a plastic wrap.
- Leave it on for about two hours and wash off as usual. For deep conditioning, you can keep it on overnight and rinse in the morning.
You can also thin the oil by using grape seed or jojoba oil. Combining Jamaican black castor oil with coconut, almond, olive, or tea tree oils also helps prevent hair breakage. This makes for a Jamaican black castor oil shampoo that enhances hair health.
Treats Split Ends
Split ends can get nasty, and at times, your confidence can take a beating. But you don’t have to have that problem with the Jamaican black castor oil by your side.
How To Use
- Take equal amounts of the castor oil and mustard oil.
- Mix both the oils and massage into your scalp, especially rubbing over the split ends.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse with a mild shampoo.
Doing this twice a week gives you frizz-free hair and treats split ends. This remedy can also detangle your hair.
Eliminates Dry Hair
Dry hair can be caused as much by your eating habits as by improper hair care. But Jamaican black castor oil has its benefits here too.
How To Use
For this hair treatment, you will need 4 tablespoons of Jamaican black castor oil, 1 tablespoon of organic honey, and ½ avocado.
- Blend the avocado in a food processor.
- Add the castor oil and honey to the avocado and mix until they are well blended.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and hair, ensuring you apply it to the entire length of your hair.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse.
You can also add some amount of Shea butter for added moisturization.
There are no reviews yet.